Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Current Running Program - More Challenging

Once I could easily and readily run 5km in 25 minutes, I decided that maybe I should run further... faster... I tried 8k's... 10 k's... I ran with friends who were experienced marathon runners. I found none of this satisfying and returned to John Stanton's book for a program that would suit me. Once again inspired by his philosophy, I created this program for myself. This is the one I continue to turn to when I haven't run for in a while.

Week 1 - Run 5 minutes/walk 1 minute x 4 sets 3-4 days a week
Week 2 - Run 7 minutes/walk 1 minute x 3 sets 3-4 days a week
Week 3 - Run 10 minutes/walk 1 minute x 2 sets 3-4 days a week
Week 4 - Run 20 minutes non-stop 3-4 days a week
Week 5 - Run 20 minutes non-stop 4 days a week
Week 6 - Run 22 minutes non-stop 4 days a week 
Week 7 - Run 24 minutes non-stop 4 days a week
Week 8 - Run 26 minutes non-stop 4 days a week 
Week 9 - Run 28 minutes non-stop 4 days a week
Week 10 - Run 30 minutes non-stop 4 days a week 

This has become an incredibly satisfying running program that I supplement with indoor fitness on poor weather days.

...Ellyn

No comments:

Post a Comment