Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Prayer...


Numbers are constant, until they are not. Our inability to influence outcome is the great equalizer. Computers generate random numbers in an attempt to glean meaning out of probability and list numerical sequences lacking any pattern, but during a cataclysmic global event, tsunami, earthquake, the attacks of 9/11, these random numbers suddenly stop being random. As our collective consciousness synchronizes, so do the numbers. Science can’t explain the phenomenon but religion does. It’s called prayer. A collective request sent up in unison, a shared hope. Numbers are constant until they are not.
~ Jake Bohm

I am a wordy not a numbers person, but with respect to numbers, I am awed by their orderly harmony and wonder about the so-called randomness to which some numbers noticeably, reoccur in my life, 4, 7, 13, 108…
Prayer, meditation, appeals, requests, desires, hopes, wishes. Call it what you will, but before my feet touch the floor in the morning, I step into that place, grateful that I am awake to a new day. When my children and Brent drive out of the yard each morning, to school and work, I ask that they be surrounded in love and protection, that they are assisted in making decisions for their highest and greatest good and that everyone with whom they meet be blessed. When I hear news of a local individual that has a challenge before them or a group of people on the other side of the world, struggling for peace or in need of food I know that I am part of a powerful collective with a shared desire. Throughout and at the end of the day, I offer out my thanks because I choose faith, over fear, which doesn’t mean that fear doesn’t show itself, but it is subsided through prayer. 

During cataclysmic global events our collective consciousness synchronizes so do the numeric sequences created by random number generators. Science can’t explain the phenomenon but religion does. It’s called prayer. A collective request sent up in unison, a shared hope, fear relieved, a life spared. Numbers are constant until they are not. In times of tragedy, times of collective joy, in these brief moments it is only the shared emotional experience that makes the world seem less random. Maybe it’s a coincidence or maybe it’s an answer to our prayers.

~ Ellyn
Michael Angelo

No comments:

Post a Comment