Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sunshine Goodness...


The windows of my soul I throw
Wide open to the sun.
~John Greenleaf Whittier

Following several days of overcast cloudy weather, snow and wind, today the sun peeked through for a few hours and I was reminded of how easy it is for me to be happy when the sun shines. On cloudy grey days, I have to work at it.
My husband has been preoccupied at work with the grief that winter weather can deliver him but gratefully, my son was home today on his semester break, and he was able to plough snow so that I could drive out of the yard, head to town and get some groceries. We store enough meat for the year, eat very few foods stored in cans, jars or boxes, of which I buy in bulk from an organic supplier and so I just pick up fruits and vegetables each week. I did stop in the health food store for some almond flour and vitamin D3 drops and the owner remarked on how beautiful it was outside. I smiled warmly thinking about how I too rely on that beautiful sun to help me breathe easier. I’m not sure if I have always been this way or not, but I do know that ever since I started staying home to write, I have come to cherish every drop of sunshine that peers through these great windows beside my desk and that today, it shines, and I move about easily and gracefully in thankfulness.
~ Ellyn

No comments:

Post a Comment