Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Emergence of Spring...


Spring is arriving and with its rejuvenating entry comes the promise of new life. This is my 49th spring and still I marvel at a landscape heavily laden with the whiteness of winter, inviting what appears to be, new buds forming on the willows, young partridges along the roadside emerging causing me to slow down, and calves and kids and near to bursting mama cats in the barn.
However, it is the return of the wild geese that encourages me to stand where I am, raise my head, breathe audibly and then weep. 
I know that the wild and free animal in me has been tamed and for the most part, I am content with this but will honour these feelings, let them course through my being, dry my tears, swallow, smile softly and as I take in a deep, cool, fresh breath of spring air, say a silent prayer for myself and for all who yearn to fly, even if it is just for a moment.
…Ellyn



No comments:

Post a Comment