Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

We're Here Because...


“We’re here because we’re here, because we’re here because we’re here…” I first heard these words sung, by my brother, when I was a young girl.  Any of you who came up through the Boy Scout movement, will recognize this questionable war chant as well. For the better part of my life, I have allowed those words to resonate throughout my being and as I think about my life compared to that of a 50-year-old woman else where in the world, I hear them again.
Am I appreciating the resources we have and sharing my prosperity? As I think about Marianne Elliott's blogpost this past weekend, What's Ours is Ours, I am struggling to answer this immediate enquiry, which has me puzzled and dismayed.
I just finished reading A ThousandSplendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. Each time I read an astonishing story about a people who endure so much strife and yet continue to have so much to give, I begin to question my own subsistence in this abundant and lovely life of mine.
I have no answers today, only questions and so I will step into just being here and see what unfolds. How about you? Do you appreciate and share your prosperity? 
~ Ellyn


No comments:

Post a Comment