Pages

Friday, July 13, 2018

Summer Goals

My son was always an inspiration when it came to setting goals. During ski season, he would set goals, during volleyball season, he would set goals. When he was a little fella, and on the first day of summer holidays, at home, he would tell me his goals for the summer, even when it was merely, land a flip on the trampoline.

This summer, I decided to follow his lead and prioritize a few things and then set some goals for myself. I do this often, in my mind but when I put something to paper, I feel even more committed to it. And so, here are my priorities this summer, as well as my goals:

Every day that I am at home I read, run and meditate along with all of the other things that I do in my yard, garden, greenhouse and house.

My goals are to read a book a week, be able to run for 30 minutes nonstop, write daily, smile more and breathe easily.

It’s the second week of July and so far I am on track, with the exception of my writing. It’s the tough one, the one that I avoid. Hmm, I wonder why? I guess I’ll go write about that…

How about you? Do you set summer goals?

~ Ellyn

No comments:

Post a Comment