Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Paleo Caesar Dressing


Over the years and as we explored better nutritional health, the one thing we have all struggled with is a Caesar salad dressing that we all like. I’ve tried countless so-called Organic and natural dressings, I’ve made many of my own and still none appealed to my children, until now. We eat a salad with every dinner meal that we have at home, which is almost always, and since December, have had a Caesar salad, no croutons, about 4 times a week. What follows is the dressing that I make that appeals to all of us. I make it in the bowl before tearing the lettuce atop it and toss it with bacon bits just before it goes to the table. It’s so simple.
1 tsp. of Organic Dijon Mustard
1tsp. of Organic Worcestershire Sauce
½ Lemon squeezed
2 pinches of Himalayan Sea Salt or anchovies if you prefer
2 heaping tbsp. of Organic or homemade mayonnaise (Many Paleos use an
avocado mayo. I’ve been using a 5 ingredient 3rd party organic one.)
1 farm fresh free-range egg yolk (optional)
2 cloves of garlic, pressed (use as much as you desire)

Voila! And Enjoy…


~ Ellyn


No comments:

Post a Comment